Did you know that making your own bone marrow butter is easier than ever? This delicious, nutrient-rich spread makes an ideal addition to any meal, adding a rich flavor and added health benefits along with it. Not only is it packed full of healthy fats like omega 3s and monounsaturated fat, but its list of vitamins, minerals and anti-inflammatory compounds means that this superfood will give your meals a real nutritional boost. Ready to discover how easy it can be to make the ultimate in food indulgence? Read on for our ultimate recipe for bone marrow butter!
What is bone marrow butter?
It is a rich, fatty spread made using either beef or lamb bones, which are cooked to release the fat and marrow. The resulting mixture is then combined with other ingredients like salt and herbs in order to create a luxurious texture and flavor. Along with its creamy taste, bone marrow butter also boasts an impressive list of health benefits due to its high levels of healthy fats, minerals and vitamins.
How to make bone marrow butter?
Making your own bone marrow butter at home is surprisingly easy! All you need are some beef or lamb bones, water and a few additional ingredients to give it the perfect flavor. Here’s how:
1. Start by boiling the bones in water for at least 30 minutes. This will help to release the marrow and fat from within them.
2. Once cooked, strain out the bones and reserve any collected liquid for later use.
3. Place the strained marrow/fat mixture into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
4. Now add in the salt and any herbs you like. Start with a teaspoon of each, but you can adjust according to your taste.
5. Once blended, pour the mixture into a container and place it in the fridge for around an hour to allow it to firm up slightly before use.
6. Serve your homemade bone marrow butter as you would any other spread and enjoy the delicious, nutrient-rich flavor!
What are the benefits of bone marrow butter?
It is a great source of healthy fats, minerals and vitamins, making it an excellent addition to your diet. The high levels of monounsaturated fat mean that it can help reduce cholesterol levels and increase overall heart health. It also contains omega 3 fatty acids, which are known for their anti-inflammatory properties as well as their role in promoting brain health. In addition, it is a great source of vitamins A and K, as well as minerals like calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Finally, its high fat content makes it an ideal energy source for those seeking to increase their calorie intake without relying on processed foods.
What are some recipes that use bone marrow butter?
It can be used in a variety of recipes to add some extra health benefits and flavor. For example, you can spread it on toast or crackers for a delicious snack; stir it into mashed potatoes for an indulgent side dish; or even use it as a base for soups, stews and sauces. You could also try adding it to your favorite baked goods for an extra rich flavor and texture. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try using it to make a savory bone marrow butter ice cream? Whatever you choose to do with your bone marrow butter, this delicious spread will add some serious nutrition as well as great taste to any meal!
How long does bone marrow butter last?
Once made, it can last for up to a week in the fridge. To ensure its quality is maintained, make sure it is stored in an airtight container and away from direct sunlight. If you’d like to keep your bone marrow butter for longer than this, you can freeze it in portions so that it stays fresh and ready to use whenever you need it. With the right storage methods, it can last for up to six months in the freezer.
Can I make it at home?
Yes, absolutely! With the right ingredients and method, anyone can make delicious and nutritious bone marrow butter in the comfort of their own home. All you need is some beef or lamb bones and a few additional pantry staples like salt and herbs to give it just the right flavor.
Bone marrow butter recipe
– 2 pounds beef or lamb bones
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice (parsley, rosemary, etc)
1. Place bones in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the marrow is starting to release from the bones.
2. Strain out of the bones and reserve any liquid that has collected in the pan.
3. Place the marrow and liquid in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
4. Now add in the salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic and herbs. Blend again until everything is incorporated.
5. Pour the mixture into an airtight container and place it in the fridge for around an hour to allow it to firm up slightly before use.
6. Serve your homemade bone marrow butter as you would any other spread and enjoy the delicious, nutrient-rich flavor! Enjoy!
Bone marrow butter is a delicious, nutrient-rich spread that can be used in a variety of dishes to give them an extra boost of flavor and health benefits. Whether you’re spreading it on toast or using it as a base for soups and stews, it is sure to add something special to your meal! Not only that, but it’s also surprisingly easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. So why not give it a try and see how you can enjoy this delicious butter in your own kitchen? We hope you found this article helpful and we wish you the best of luck on your culinary journey!