Nothing says summertime like baking a delicious strawberry shortcake cake. With its incredibly moist and subtly sweet layers of cake, creamy buttercream frosting, and crunchy crumble topping that provides just the right balance of flavors, it’s sure to be an impressive addition to any gathering or family meal. Not to mention, this recipe is easy enough for even beginner bakers – so why not try your hand at making this delectable show-stopper? We guarantee you won’t be disappointed in this scrumptious Strawberry Shortcake Cake Recipe With Crumble!
What goes in Strawberry Cake?
This recipe calls for all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, eggs, butter and buttermilk. To give it that classic strawberry flavor you’ll need pureed strawberries as well.
What goes in the Buttercream Frosting?
The buttercream frosting is made with unsalted butter, powdered sugar, pureed strawberries and a little bit of salt.
What goes in the Crumble Topping?
This strawberry cake crumble topping is made with all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, unsalted butter and a pinch of salt.
How to Assemble the Cake?
Once you’ve prepared all your ingredients and baked the cake layers, begin by placing one cake layer on the bottom of your serving plate. Spread a generous amount of buttercream frosting over the cake layer and repeat with the remaining two layers. Then use the strawberry puree to create a decorative rosette pattern on top of your assembled cake. Finally, sprinkle over the crumble topping and serve.
How to make this easy Strawberry Cake
– 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 2 large eggs, at room temperature
– 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
– 1 cup pureed strawberries
– 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 2 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3 to 4 tablespoons pureed strawberries
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup light brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9 inch round cake pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, eggs and buttermilk until combined.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not over mix).
5. Stir in the pureed strawberries until combined.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
7. To make the buttercream frosting, beat together the butter, powdered sugar and salt until creamy. Add in the pureed strawberries and mix until combined.
8. To make the crumble topping, stir together the flour, brown sugar, melted butter and salt. Set aside.
9. To assemble the cake, place one of the cake layers on a serving plate. Spread a generous layer of buttercream frosting over the cake. Place the second layer on top and repeat. Top with third layer of cake.
10. Use the strawberry puree to create a decorative rosette pattern on the top of your cake. Sprinkle over crumble topping and serve!
– To store the cake, cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
– If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by combining 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Let it sit for 5 minutes before using.
– For extra strawberry flavor, use strawberry flavored yogurt instead of buttermilk. This will also give the cake a pink color!
– If you don’t have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen or canned (in juice) strawberries instead.
Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A : 738IU|Vitamin C: 14.7mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2.2mg
This strawberry shortcake cake recipe with crumble is a sweet and delicious treat that will have your entire family coming back for seconds! Everyone loves this classic dessert, and the crumble adds an indulgent crunch. There’s something extra special about finishing off a fantastic meal with a homemade cake – so go ahead, give it a go and make this strawberry shortcake cake with crumble. The delightful flavor of fresh strawberries balanced by the creamy flavors of the cake and crumbly texture of the topping make this treat irresistible. This is truly a recipe worth trying out. So, while you’re planning your next family meal night or searching for an easy dessert to whip up, why not try this strawberry shortcake cake with crumble? We promise you won’t regret it!